Hear O' Brothers and Sisters! Taliban is Here ..............
Students sporting Tilak on their foreheads and amulet on their bodies were stopped by the Physical Instruction Teacher of a Government aided minority institution, Muhammadiya Higher Secondary School before they entered the school premises. This institution is situated at Sitharkottai of Ramanathapuram District. The sacred threads and amulets worn for protection in the necks and arms were cut and the sindoor tilak worn in the forehead was erased. Upon hearing this atrocity, the agitated parents complained to the Head Mistress Ms. Zarina Lotus, to which she had reportedly said that she was only implementing the diktat of the District Collector - so stated Shri. Ramesh (name changed) father of one of the children. The agitated parents headed by the District Head of Hindu Makkal Katchi, Shri Prabhakaran met the District Collector Shri K Nandakumar and reported the matter to him. The District Collector not only justified his act, but also challenged them to take the matter to the courts, so states the leader of Hindu Makkal Katchi.
In connection with this incident, we contacted the Head Mistress of the school Ms. Zarina Lotus over telephone on 21.01.14, Tuesday. During the course of this conversation, Ms. Zarina Lotus stated that she was only obeying the orders of the District Collector. Stating further she said that, while addressing a meeting of Head Masters of High Schools and Higher Secondary Schools, the Collector had stated that the teachers should advise the students not to sport sacred threads or apply tilak or sport any object that would represent their religion. Do you know the reason extended for the issuance of such a diktat by the District Collector Shri.K. Nandakumar?
"Since the students come to school sporting religious symbols, quarrels ensue and hence students have been sent to Reformation Schools. Policemen in Mufti who have been keeping watch had reportedly stated that the raison d'etre behind the occurrence of these quarrels are religious symbols and listed the schools where such incidents occurred", continued Ms. Zarina Lotus.
In connection with this, an e-mail was dispatched to Shri. K. Nanda Kumar on 22.01.2014, Wednesday and there has been no reply thus far. When attempts were made to get in touch with Shri. Dharman, the personal assistant of the District Collector, he stated that since he was busy, he may be contacted later - so saying he disconnected the line. When we tried to contact him again, he did not attend the call. The actions of the District Collector raises certain pertinent questions.
- If there is no protection for the students sporting religious symbols, then, has Ramanathapuram become Afghanistan?
- Speaking about religious symbols, even skull caps and purdah would come under the ambit. On the contrary, why did the District Collector not advise against the removal of them?
- Sporting of religious symbols is a fundamental right. Who gave the District Collector the license to snatch this right?
- Which are the schools where clashes occurred on the basis of sporting of religious symbols?
- Who instigated these? And who were the students sent to the Reformation Schools?
- What was the action taken to prevent their occurrence in the schools where such a situation is prevailing? And are there any teachers who are associated with these occurrences?
- If we construe the action of the District Collector to be an admittance of the worst and precarious nature of situation prevalent in Ramanathapuram, then what action Shri. K. Nanda Kumar has taken against those indulging in religious extremism and those who instigate such acts?
- Is he admitting to the fact that he would not be able to give protection to Hindus of Ramanathapuram District?
- To stop clashes will Shri. K. Nanda Kumar order the snapping of mangal sutra of the Hindu women?
Is Ramanathapuram in such a dangerous condition, where the law of the Taliban which rules the roost in countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan is being implemented? The Government machinery which is duty bound to stop acts of terror is caving to Jihadi demands.
- Ban on beating of drums in Amman Temples.
- Changing of routes traditionally adopted by Temple processions.
- Filing of a case against Hindus, who complained about the slaying of a cow by certain Moslems near a temple at a village called Azhagan kulam.
- No action against those who broke the memorial pillar of Swami Vivekananda.
- Punitive action was not taken against those who hoisted the national flag tied to slippers in the village of Pudhumadam.
- Boards announcing ban on non Moslems entering the village and those banning playing of songs by vehicles on public roads have neither been prevented nor removed.
- No action was taken against those fundamentalist Moslems, belonging to the area and other states who underwent arms training at Periyapatnam.
With these as background, when one views the severing of protection amulets/threads/dollar chains and erasing of Tilak on the foreheads of Hindu children of the government aided Muhammadiya Higher Secondary School at Sitharkottai, it only makes the fact evident that Ramanathapuram is fast turning into a mini Kashmir. The painful fact in this whole episode is that the District Administration responsible for the prevention of separatist acts is supportive of the very same separatist forces!
The governments, both at the Centre and the State have to wake up to the dangerous conditions prevailing in the district of Ramanathapuram and take steps on a war footing to save it from separatist and fundamentalist forces. Hindus worldwide should raise their voice against the injustice being meted out to the Hindus of the district of Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu.
Hear to the clarion call of Veerathuravi Shri. Rama Gopalan to save Ramanathapuram.